Monday, September 6, 2010

Back to mornings......

Anyone that knows me at all, knows that I really do NOT do mornings. I need repeated alarms to actually get me out of bed and then once I am up, it takes me even to longer to actually be coherent and awake. I am sure that a big part of my morning trouble is that I tend to be a night owl and hate going to bed.  Lack of sleep does make it tough to "rise and shine" no matter how much coffee I consume.  Going back to school for my daughter is very much.........going back to "mornings."  I have somehow managed to replicate my morning attitude in my own kid when she is awaken before she naturally wakes up.(Otherwise she is bright, bubbly and chipper!)   We have our routine worked out, though, no talking until at least one cup of coffee for me and one cup of juice for her. We silently drink our morning beverages and quietly eat our breakfast. And as much as I hate to admit this, we somehow got into the routine of doing all of this on the bathroom floor with the hairdryer blowing on us. When we are done with breakfast, we sit side by side and start our morning chat of what our days may bring and how we slept. We then diplomatically decide which one of us has to go grab our clothes that we laid out the night before. As you see,  the person that has to get the clothes will no longer be in the warmth of the hairdryer. As the Mom, I usually go. It is a very weird routine, I know, but it really works for us and as much as we are both not looking forward to having to get up early again, we both giggled and admitted we were looking forward to our "mornings."

3 comments:

  1. BUT...do you still fall asleep in the shower??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shower at night to prevent that problem!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weird routine, yes! But I totally love it and love that you two have that routine together!

    ReplyDelete