Sunday, September 5, 2010

I always get caught!

Well, once again today I realized for the reason of my primal fear of getting in "trouble." I tend to be a rule follower and have a hard time crossing that line as I really fear the consequences. Today was yet another reminder that even when I don't mean to break the rules, I get caught!!! Ughghgh!!
Kris, Meg and I set out for a nice family trail ride at Murphy Hanrehan Park. I was busy helping Kris and Megan saddle and then getting my own horse ready to go after we got parked.  I normally park the rig and then immediately go to the little pay box and deposit my money and get my trail pass for the park.  I remember making sure when we left to have enough cash in my wallet so that I did not have to write a check. I was all set. So off we went, bridles in hand and smiles on our faces, until about an hour down the trail we came upon a police officer in the park.  How odd, I thought. He stopped and waited for us to approach. As we arrived at his car he asked to see our trail passes.   OH NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I had not went to the pay box and done that!!!! Panic mode is setting in right now!!!
 "I always pay and follow the rules officer.  I love being able to use this park and I just completely forgot as I was busy helping my family get ready to ride. "
As you can imagine he was not very sympathetic.  I am sure that is what they all say when they get caught without their trail pass.  So unable to plead my case, we got slapped with a ticket for Kris and I both at $65 a piece!!!! The trail pass is normally $7.  So, yet again......reinforcement for my ever present fear of getting in trouble.

3 comments:

  1. My thoughts exactly!! I will try the shoe next ime.....wait it did not work before!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, he didn't have any sympathy for you did he? Ugh.

    ReplyDelete