Sunday, September 12, 2010

Let the laundry and the dishes wait!!







Well, this afternoon I should have been finishing laundry and dishes and other mundane house chores, but Meg and I decided it was such a nice day and the DNR website said that the trails were finally open in Jordan............so .......you guessed it!  We went riding!!!   We had such a nice time. It was just Meg and I and our fabulous horses out in the woods on a beautiful day.  As we pulled in and were getting saddled up, I realized how much my daughter has really grown up this year.  She unloaded  her own horse by herself, proceeded to brush her out without any prompting and then went right to picking out her feet before throwing her saddle pad on and asking me to help get her saddled.  Wow.  She knows all that needs to be done and just does it. So we hopped on and rode through the forest and along the riverbanks.  How lucky can one person be?  I have never pushed the horse thing on Meg, she seems just as crazy about it all as I do and how wonderful that we can share this amazing passion with each other and have afternoons like we did today.  As we were loping along pretending to be princesses on our way back to the castle to warn the people of evil lurking from a far away land, I loved my little girl a hundred times more than I did a few minutes earlier. Not because she was sharing my passion, but because she was sharing her young mind with me and I got to be a kid this afternoon too!  Again.....how lucky can one person be?  Here are some pics from our day......
picking out Leah's feet

Heading out on the trail
the river
Our 1st attempt at taking a pic of the 2 of us while still riding our horses!! We had the giggles!

Attempt #2.... still giggling!


Meg wanted to see if I could take pics while we were both running ! Yep I can!!
Running to the castle through the enchanted forest!




Heading back-checking for secret paths that may lead to another land!

Relaxing while the horses eat some grass and cool out. What a great day!
Happy and tired horses. 


2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Thanks to Megan for doing the good deed of warning the others of the evil that lurks elsewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that was so much better than doing laundry or dishes. Totally worth it. I just love the huge smiles in those pictures! What a fun passion to share with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete