Thursday, September 2, 2010

Nooooooo...not yet!!!!

Ok- here I go on day 2.....
As Meg and I were saddling up tonight for our regular evening ride, I got to thinking.....I really do not want school to start! I am just not ready! It is not because I am overwhelmed with my daughter being a 3rd grader, however, not sure how that happened, it is not because I am feeling sad or I worry that she will not do well or does not like school.  The reason I do not want her back in school is I know it will cut into "our time." It is a strictly selfish request that school just wait a few more weeks to start up again. I know it is an important part of life, but just not ready. I will have to go back to  enforcing bedtime rules and homework.  This means less barn time, ride time, silly time, kitty time, movie time........  I do not want to have to be the adult here and enforce the school year rules! I have so enjoyed my daughter this summer as we have had hours of long talks, many miles in the saddle together,  days when we were silly and days when we were sad.  She is such an cool little kid that makes me laugh and warms my heart. Never thought I could ever be so excited to sit at a horse show in 100 degree heat ALL DAY,  just to see that electric smile on my kids face when she runs her horse "home."  Who knew I could actually put off my shows for hers and be ok with it?  (huh- maybe I am growing up as well!! hahah)
I do know that after that first day that she comes home so excited to tell new stories and things she learned, it will all be ok. Each year she becomes a little more and more independent and maybe that is part of my school time blues as well.  In the summer, she needs me to saddle her horse and take her to the horse shows and I get to be her buddy for part of the day.  That is way more fun than homework!!!
Until next time.......

1 comment:

  1. Such an adjustment for us all this time of the year. I am with you. Enjoyed this time with Anna so much and will miss that as school starts. And yes, the rule enforcing, ugh!

    ReplyDelete