Monday, September 13, 2010

Mondays.....

So, really why is it that Mondays are so much harder than any other day of the week?

As I was sipping my much needed coffee this morning I was trying to figure out why Mondays are always so tough for me. I go to bed at the same time or earlier than all the other weekdays, but still when that alarm goes off, I feel an extra bit of disdain for the poor thing. Really, it is a good little appliance, that I tend to abuse on a regular basis and yet  it still faithfully performs it's job no matter what.  If we could all be more like an alarm clock, never complaining and always first one up for the day!  Of course, if all I had to do once I was up was make a little noise and then go back to quietly sitting on the dresser, I may complain less too! Anyway, I figure my Monday attitude must be more psychological than anything. Surprise, surprise, huh? Hahahaha  Must be the knowing that there is an entire full week ahead of me and I tend to take Mondays to organize the week and figure what all has to be done. Sometimes that gets a bit overwhelming, but as the week goes on, what looked like a week that was going to be crazy out of control, usually never is.  I believe that I, as do others I am sure, can sometimes get ourselves psyched out by our own "lists."  I will do an experiment for next Monday......I will plan out my week on the previous Fri and see if this helps my Mondays seem less daunting.  I doubt I will ever have a great love for Mondays as I really love my weekends, but going to try to amend my Monday attitude just slightly.........as long as there is still coffee........

1 comment:

  1. Oh I like this plan. I bet it would help with Mondays! Let us know how it works out!

    ReplyDelete