Thursday, September 16, 2010

Odd, but true....

Ok, as most of you know I am a Vet. tech, so being in that line of work I see what most people would call some really gross stuff.  You know, like, afterbirth, guts, pus, maggots, abscesses, diarrhea, etc.  I find none of the above things offensive or gross in anyway.  But I do have a few things on my list that I absolutely find to be just plain gross.  As I am coming down with a cold, or trying to fight it off, not sure which, I come to my first thing I find to be really gross.   
1. SNOT:  Any type of snot or discharge from a nose I find to be absolutely disgusting. The worst time in my life was the stage where my little girl seemed to always have a runny nose and not the skills yet to take care of it on her own. It was a daily challenge to not gag while wiping up her snot. I could amazingly tolerate it somewhat in my own kid, but let me tell you to not take offense if I suddenly shy away from your beautiful snotty child. I do not mean to be rude or hurt feelings, I am simply keeping myself from gagging. Here is a funny side note, cow and horse snot does not bother me. Hmmm   
2. FOOD PARTICLES IN DISH WATER:  Ok, there is just something nasty about partially eaten or mushy food chunks that accidently make it into dish water. I really get eeked out by this and will not wash dishes without a thick pair of rubber gloves.  
3. PEOPLE POOP:  Again, cow, horse, dog, cat or any other animal poop is never an issue for me, but people poop of any kind I find to be really gross. Again, no worries, I still like your kid, but do not expect me to help in the diaper department unless it is an emergency and there are no other options. Having that said, if your kid is bleeding profusely, you can count me in to help with that, not a problem as blood never bothers me!!  
4. THE SOUND OF A JUICY BUG BEING SQUISHED:  Enough said.......gag, gag, gag, gag.......
5. Last but not least, DROOL:  Again, sorry parents with really cute kids that are teething.   Drool has a texture to it that it can slime all on it's own that is truly gross. This one thing is an exception to my rule of things I do not mind from the animals, excessive drool from any creature can get me. Yuck!!


There ya go, my list of gross things.  I just knew you all wanted to know what gets me, right? Hahahahah Oh well, I shared anyway! :)

2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious. I'm totally with you on the bug one. That makes me want to hurl. My top too...squished bugs and vomit. Hate 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! It is so ironic the things that make you squirm when other things do not! :)

    ReplyDelete