Thursday, September 9, 2010

From Sophie...

Well, I will not be near a computer at all tomorrow, so I would be missing a day in the blog-a thon, so Sophie, Megan's dog decided to stand in for me and post a blog for Friday...

Hello...my name is Sophie. When I was a puppy is when I came to this family and got my very own kid.  I came on the kid's 4th birthday.  I had a pretty pink bow on my head and I instantly loved my kid. Even when she squeezed me really tight! I am the smartest, fastest, mostest love-able-est dog ever! I am also very humble as you can tell.   I have lots of responsibilities in my house, but my favorite is taking care of my kid. True, she does drive me a little crazy sometimes when she makes me go down the slide or dress up like Tinkerbell. Of course, there was also that time that she locked me in the closet and put me in her toy barn, but let me tell you all the cool stuff that we get to do that is not so much like torture.  Every night I get to sleep in her bed with her and she is very snuggly so I like that as I am always cold!  All she has to do is say "bedtime" and I can't run fast enough to get there.  I keep trying to master going up the ladder to the bed on my own, but still need a little help.  The other thing my kid likes to do with me is teach me tricks. I can jump over stuff and onto  stuff and I can run faster than all of her friends,  she said that just today!  My kid also gives me baths and paints my toe-nails. I know the mom and dad think I don't like this, but actually I think it makes my paws pretty so I sit very still and let my kid fix me up! The very best part of the day is when my kid comes home.  My whole body goes crazy! I really have little to no control over it- I just wiggle and wag and go nuts because I am sooooo happy!! I even "smile!"  She also feeds me treats and lets me rest in her cool bean bag when we are hanging out in her room.  When my kid goes to visit the grandmas and grandpas, which are really cool people by the way, I get to go along with! That is the best as it is so much easier to protect and keep an eye on the kid when I get to go with.  Every once in awhile my kid goes to a "sleepover" and whatever that is, I do NOT like when that happens as I am left home without her and am very sad until she comes back.  I take my job very seriously and it is hard to do if I can't find my kid, trust me I look all over the house and then the mom tells me she is at a sleepover.  I know there are lots of dogs out there that don't even come close to having a cool life like I do, so I put up with some crazy things that my kid asks me to do because I truly love her and never want to be without her. I wish that all dogs could have their very own kid like I do.
One of my other jobs at this house to is take care of all snakes or mice or anything that gets near the house that should not. I am lightning fast, if I do say so myself, at ridding the yard of any varmints that should not be there. Not only am I fast, but precise.  I excel at this job. My brother and sister (ChaChing and Nemo) are unfortunately not as gifted as I am in this department, so they just bark to let me know and then I take care of it.
I am also a fabulous guard dog, despite my 12 pound stature.  My kid and family will never have to worry about any boogeymen when I am around because I am one tough dog with a very big bark, well maybe it is not so big, but I am sure that it would scare away bad guys.
Anyway, I have it good. I have a warm house,  my own kid, friends, a family and even a winter jacket for those chilly months.  What more could a dog ask for?
Snuggly kid
My new dog "snuggie"- keeps me warm!
BEDTIME!!!!


My kid when she was 4 and I was little. I promise I was not as scared as I look in this picture!! 

2 comments: